Thursday 31 August 2023

COMBAT COLIN No.4 and PEDANTIC STAN - Back in print in time for NICE Comic Con!

New printings of Combat Colin No.4 and Pedantic Stan The Comic Fan will be available to buy from my table at Bedford Comic Con (NICE) this weekend! 

Originally published in 2019, Combat Colin No.4 won the Comic Scene Award for Best Small Press / Independent Comic that year. 

It has 32 pages (28 interior black and white plus four full colour cover pages) reprinting my Combat Colin strips from February 1990 to August 1990 that originally appeared in Marvel UK's Transformers comic. (Marvel returned the rights to the strip back to me in the Nineties.)

 

Pedantic Stan The Comic Fan is the creation of John Freeman and Lew Stringer and the strip ran in Speakeasy magazine in 1990/91. All of those strips are collected in this edition, a 16 page A5 size landscape comic, along with a special strip I did for the UKCAC 1990 convention book. This new edition has a different colour cover (gradient red instead of blue) and a new editorial. (The first printing appeared in 2018.)


Pedantic Stan reflects the comic fan of the 1990s, in that he's a superhero-obsessed fanboy with a bulging rucksack full of back issues and a wants list a mile long. (May be a slight exaggeration for comic effect.) Scripts were written by John Freeman and drawn by me, although I wrote some myself such as the Christmas episode and the UKCAC episode.


I'll be bringing copies along to Nice Comic Con in Bedford this weekend or you can buy them from my eBay page (including postage) at this link and I'll post them to you when I'm back next week:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=203554298786&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562&_ssn=graphite47

 

Link for NICE Comic Con: https://nicecon.co.uk/



Here are the comics I'm bringing along to NICE, including the last 5 remaining issues of Combat Colin No.2. I'll also bring some original art for sale from Doctor Who Magazine, Buster, etc.


*********************

2 comments:

Leo H said...

Nice! (pardon the pun) I missed Pedantic Stan first time, I'll be snapping up this opportunity to fill a gap in my Lewniverse collection!

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Leo!