Saturday 19 August 2023

Have you grabbed your Fanzine Funnies yet?

The first printing of Fanzine Funnies sold out within 24 hours so I've had another batch printed and you can order one exclusively from me at this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204426107364?hash=item2f98bed9e4:g:G18AAOSwC8JkzNzG

Remember that Fanzine Funnies is not available in any shops or from any other seller, and I'm not doing a digital edition.  

If you missed the news about it last week, the 32 page comic is a collection of strips I did in the 1990s for fanzines devoted to The Prisoner TV series. The fanzines they originally appeared in had very small print runs so this material has been unseen by many. 

Fanzine Funnies is the latest self-published comic in my intention to get all my creator-owned strips back into print for a new audience (and for those of you who may have seen them before but like the idea of them being collected). If you like my style of humour from comics such as Combat Colin, Brickman, Derek the Troll, and Pedantic Stan you should enjoy this one too. Target audience is late Teens and older as there's some bits in there that are unsuitable for children. 

Thanks as always for your support!


 

“This is a smashing little collection, with a couple of other extras included, that I’m more than happy to recommend” - downthetubes.net

“His latest self-published comic looks perfect, especially for those of us who loved the classic TV show The Prisoner.”
- Comicon.com

"highly recommended" - The Unmutual Website

*****************

4 comments:

Jaq said...

Can’t say too much as only just got mine rationing it out! Totally Ace

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks for buying it, Jaq!

PhilEdBoyce said...

I've never watched an episode of The Prisoner and yet I really enjoyed this! I'll get a post up about it this week on the OiNK Blog.

Lew Stringer said...

That's interesting, Phil! Even though the comic has "in jokes" I'd hoped it would still appeal to people unfamilar with The Prisoner so it's good to hear you enjoyed it! As for a plug, that'd be most appreciated! Thank you.