Thursday 24 February 2022

War. What is it good for?

When I was a little kid in the 1960s World War 2 had only been over for 20 years. That seemed a long time ago when I was six but for my parents and their friends it still felt very recent, just as 9/11 still feels recent to us now. There were still Anderson shelters in back gardens and air raid sirens visible in the streets even in the Sixties. My parents and my grandad often spoke about the war and the bombing raids because to them it was still fresh in their minds. I remember them always saying that "Russia will start the next lot". 
 
Of course you forget about that over time as that threat seemed to vanish into the background, but here we are now on that predicted day. It's looking grim but let's hope things don't escalate further. Admittedly it's a slim hope, but there's still time to prevent the worst case scenario from happening.
 
Look after yourselves and each other. 

 

1 comment:

McSCOTTY said...

Putins speech about "consequences" was chilling . The next few weeks could change all our lives radically.