Tuesday 22 February 2022

Felix and His Amazing Underpants

Click on the page to see it full size.
 

I've drawn many strips for Viz over the years. I started way back in 1986 in issue 18 with a one-off strip called Wayne, Son of Jane, written by Tim Quinn. A while after that I was asked to take over the art duties on The Pathetic Sharks, Suicidal Syd, Norman the Doorman, and Felix and His Amazing Underpants.

Sometimes the scripts would be supplied by the guys at Viz but I also wrote many of them myself. One of my favourites is shown above; the Felix and His Amazing Underpants page that I wrote and drew for Viz No.200 in 2010. 

I've sold off most of my Viz artwork over the years and don't have a lot left now but I've put the original art for this Felix page on eBay and the auction runs until Sunday (27th Feb). See this link for more info:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203838781369

I haven't contributed to Viz for three years but I hope to be back in its pages one day! I just need to get into the "Viz mode" of storytelling again, which has its own specific rhythm and style of writing. (Firstly though I need to finish the jobs I'm currently working on.)


1 comment:

Manic Man said...

I think somepeople might moan if you mention Viz too much.. i mean, a comic that doesn't take it self too seriously and takes the micky out of everything? ohh.. evil.. Remember what happened to Oz Magazine.. ^_^