Monday 21 February 2022

Original artwork from VIZ and OINK! up for auction this week

My thanks to those of you who have been bidding on my original art auctions. This week's offerings are now on eBay and they are...

The original art for the Felix and His Amazing Underpants page that I did for Viz No.200 back in 2010 about Felix storing comics in his Underpants. It's a higher starting price than usual because I don't have many Viz pages left now and this is as it's a personal favourite, but needs must. You can see more info at the link here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203838781369

The other piece on offer is a small strip I did for Oink! back in 1986. Knowall Norman and Queasy Quentin At Blackpool Pleasure Beach was the only appearance of these two characters I created. You can find the listing at this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203838771371 

Bidding ends next Sunday evening (27th February). Good luck!


4 comments:

Malak said...

Hi Lew. Odd, techical question, do you work half up for Viz? Or larger?

Have you ever talked aobut your inking tools anywhere (or other arcane analogue comic creation preferenes)? Thanks!

Lew Stringer said...

Some pages were done half up, some twice up. I've mostly drawn twice up over the past 20 years but there are exceptions.

I have talked about pens in the past. Can't find the post now but I've changed my tools over the years. In the 1980s/90s I used Rotring pens. Then I switched to dip-nibs for a few years. These days I generally ink with UniPin fineliners and Japanese brush pens.

Malak said...

Cheers thanks for that. I'm a big fanof Tombow Fudenosuke and Kuretake Fudegokochi 'brush' pens (though in truth they are more nib-like!).

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, they're not too soft so they suit my work too.