Monday 8 March 2021

Pathetic Sharks at UKCAC '91

How times fly. Thirty years ago I was the regular artist (and often writer) on The Pathetic Sharks strip for Viz. I took over after editor Chris Donald decided to scale back his work on the comic and I wrote/drew various strips for Viz for many years.

I was a regular guest at the United Kingdom Comic Art Conventions (UKCAC) in London back then too, and every year guests would be asked to draw a page for the convention booklet. The original art was then auctioned off for charity on the last day of the con. 

Here's the page I did in 1991 featuring the Pathetic Sharks for the UKCAC '91 Convention Book. I had to run the page past Viz for approval of course, as they own the characters. Chris Donald added the joke about Denis Gifford. 

 

No comments: