Wednesday 10 March 2021

Job Done... or rather JAB Done, eh readers?


I had my first vaccine earlier today to help keep the coronavirus at bay. At my local Odeon cinema no less! (Well, it's not being used to show films obviously so the large foyer makes an ideal vaccination hub.) 

All very efficient and friendly. Didn't have to queue as there was only me and a couple of others there at the time I booked. Didn't even feel the jab. No side effects so far apart from feeling quite hyperactive and better than I've felt in ages, although I hear it's the next day when it kicks in but hopefully any drowsiness or fever will be short lived. 

Get your vaccines when they're available for you, folks. It's the only way out of this nightmare. It's not a cure and we still need to follow social distancing but it should help!

Thank you NHS! 

UPDATE: Well after the initial "high" I had the shivers on Wednesday night, followed by a day of exhaustion and nausea. After 18 hours in bed I feel a lot better today. I'm still glad I had the jab as it's better than getting Covid, but what I will say is be prepared in case it knocks you about for 36 hours. 

 


10 comments:

Leo H said...

Wahey! Great news Lew.
I'm a bit lower down the list (being a spritely young thing has it's disadvantages) but I'll be booking mine as soon as I'm able. Never thought I'd look forward to an injection so much!

Lew Stringer said...

Good luck, Leo! When I tried to book online last week they only gave me options of 12 to 60 miles away! I kept trying and a local one eventually cropped up. They're opening hubs all over the place now.

Ian M said...

Great news Lew. Glad it was so swift for you and you didn't have to wait around long (and found somewhere closer!).

I'm getting my first jab in just over a weeks time (Leo H, hope yours doesn't take too long).
Here's hoping we can all start to get some normality back in our lives towards the latter part of the year, goodness knows we need it!

Lew Stringer said...

There's still a long road ahead of us yet but each positive step like this is the way forward. Good luck with your appointment!

Manic Man said...

my first one is next week. Currently, I'm having to shield cause.. well.. health is like that ^_^ also had a bit of an issue with local ones cause.. I really can't travel too far.. less so at the moment (even without the shielding bit)

never used to like injections but became better a few years ago when I had to have a battery of tests... also, I seam to get really faint when having 3 or so vials of blood taken.. so.. yay me ^_^;

McSCOTTY said...

Good to hear you got your jab Lew. We get ours on Monday (15 March) - as you say there's still a long way to go but it's starting to look like there's a chink of light at the end of the tunnel

SID said...

Hi, Lew.

My partner's jab on a week next Saturday. Mine's the beginning of next month.

Lew Stringer said...

I've now updated my post with the side effects I had. Feeling better now but it floored me all through yesterday.

qamar said...

Glad you're better Lew,
Anyone getting the jab should plan for a few days off if they are working.

Tony Howson said...

Congratulations on getting vaccinated Lew and I'm glad to hear you're getting over the worst.

My wife and my business partner both reported headaches and nausea for several days after their shots in February. I had my jab at the start of this week and expected the worst but fortunately have been fine so far. Certainly was nowhere near as bad as 2009's Swine Flu shot and anyway it's far better than the alternative of having no protection.