Sunday 14 March 2021

Mothers Day


It's been nearly 8 years since my mum died and I think of her every day, so I felt it only right that I should post a tribute to her again on my blog for Mothers Day.

My Mam was always supportive of my dreams to become a cartoonist. She stitched together the comics I made as a child (we didn't have a stapler), she believed in me when I quit my job to pursue my ambition, and she was the first person I rang to tell her the news that I'd sold my first cartoon.

Without her belief in me I would have given up not only my ambitions but perhaps in life itself during some dark times as a teenager. She had hard times herself, and a lot of sadness in her life, but she kept going, always being kind and never selfish. We had a lot of laughs too, I should add. She was my best friend.

If you're fortunate to still have your mothers I hope you get time with them today, or at least the opportunity to call them. My best wishes to you all.


3 comments:

SID said...

Alas my mum has been gone for over 7 years (my dad nearer 8) so no visit or chat. But all the same my thoughts are with them both.

Lew Stringer said...

My Dad died in 1974 when I was 15 so that feels a very long time ago now. I still think of him though. Must have been hard losing both parents within a short time span.

SID said...

It was, Lew. But I am just grateful that I had them for the first 50 years of my life. Not just parents but best friends too.