Saturday 9 April 2022

Preview of Pup Parade from BEANO issue No.4131

Look who drops into my Pup Parade strip next week! It's Calamity James making a cameo appearance in one panel. I drew a Calamity James story 20 years ago for one of the Fun-Size Beano comics and enjoyed that so I thought I'd put him into my Pup Parade strip for a brief guest appearance.

This will appear in Beano No.4131, on sale on Wednesday 13th April. as you can see from the cover below it's the Easter issue and there's a four page Roger the Dodger strory inside that has an Easter Egg theme, written by Nigel Auchterlounie and drawn by Barrie Appleby. 

 

2 comments:

Tony Howson said...

Always enjoyed the dogs, so I look forward to seeing this on Monday if my sub copy turns up on time. Though, to be honest, its been turning up faster than 2000AD in recent weeks so fair play to DC Thomson.

Anyway Lew, I think it's laudably ambitious to squeeze a guest star into a three panel strip. They really should give you more room.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Tony. Ah, if only! I'll put more guest stars in future episodes if it suits the story but space is limited of course. Expect to see a couple of Bash Street Kids turn up in a couple of months. Drawing that one now.

I received my sub copies of Beano and 2000AD on Saturday this time so it seems to depend on how busy each postal area is. Sometimes they don't arrive until Monday or Tuesday. 2000AD has been over a week late a couple of times.