Sunday 14 November 2021

Meanwhile, on this day in 2015...

Six years ago today at the 2015 Doctor Who Festival at the ExCel centre. A request by a reader for me to draw Combat Colin meeting Doctor Who. (If the angle looks weird it's because I've rotated the photo 180 degrees so you can see the sketch better.)

I probably drew Combat Colin too short here. For some reason I thought Peter Capaldi was really tall but apparently he's six foot. I always imagined Combat Colin to be about that height too, or 5' 10". Apparently Mr.Capaldi passed by the table that day but I didn't notice him as I was busy drawing him. Irony eh?

Anyway, I thought you might like to see the drawing in progress. I don't have a snap of the completed drawing. The art is with the reader who comissioned it (and who also took the photo). Sorry I've forgotten your name to credit you. 

 


2 comments:

Ped said...

2017 is four years ago, not six.

Lew Stringer said...

Where's my head at? It was 2015 not 2017. Thanks for picking me up on that!