Sunday 6 December 2020

Christmas BEANO preview


Here's a sneak peek at my Christmas episode of Ellis's Great Escapes! This would have been the final episode but I'm glad to say the strip's had a reprieve to carry on for a while into the New Year. 

I also provided some illustrations of The Bash Street Kids to be used in a board game that's in the issue. It's always fun drawing them!


You'll find it all in the Christmas issue of the Beano (No.4065) that will be in the shops from Wednesday 9th December. It's been several years since I had anything in the Christmas edition so I'm very pleased with this. I added some holly to the panel corners of course and it definitely has a festive theme. 

In fact the whole issue is very Christmassy indeed and it's a bumper 44 page edition plus a pull out calendar poster that's nearly A2 in size. Here's the cover, by Nigel Parkinson...

The issue comes in a cardboard pack that looks like this....

...and it includes a bunch of gifts such as this Gnasher Face Mask! 


This Christmas issue will be on sale for three weeks, so there won't be another Beano until 30th December. Don't leave it too late to buy a copy though as they're likely to sell fast!   

***************

2 comments:

SID said...

Thanks, Lew.

Will be getting a copy next weekend.

Search Engine Evader said...

What's this? No snow on the masthead of the Christmas Beano? It's a national disgrace!!

I shall be cancelling my subscription immediately!!