Friday 2 December 2022

Upcoming plans

I was intending to self-publish a new comic this month but the postal strikes have made it pointless as orders would be held up in a backlog. Much as I appreciate why the strikes need to take place it's really damaging for small businesses.

However, I still intend to publish a digital comic before Christmas! At least digital publications don't get stuck in a warehouse somewhere for days on end. You'll remember that a couple of years ago I published Barmy Comix No.1 as a digital-only comic? Well, soon I'll be unleashing Barmy Comix No.2!  

As with issue one, Barmy Comix No.2 will never appear in print, only as a digital download. Unlike issue one, which featured Combat Colin, Brickman, Derek the Troll and Pedantic Stan, Barmy Comix No.2 will feature a different character from my archives. More info soon! 

In the meantime, if you still haven't read the first issue of Barmy Comix it's still available to download wherever you are. More info here:

http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/2020/04/new-download-your-barmy-comix.html 

If you enjoy it (as I hope you will) please send me £2 via PayPal to lew.stringer@BTopenworld.com

Thanks!

****************************** 

2 comments:

Elliesdad said...

Looking forward to Barmy Comix #2 Lew. You can count me in…

It’s rather last minute, but it just occurred to me that you could do something to tap in to the Christmas card market.

Also (assuming you have the time and inclination) you could consider expanding your personalised drawings that you often do at conventions. Perhaps put up a blog post about What you need to know, Any specifics to include or exclude, Size and prices and Timsescales. Obviously it would cost more than a drawing at a convention as there’s postage and packaging to consider. Just a thought.

All the very best,

Geoff

Lew Stringer said...

It's something I've considered over the years but there never seemed to be any interest when I'd mentioned it to people. Too late for this year as there's so much post stuck in a backlog already.