Tuesday 8 March 2022

Robo-Capers, Tom Thug, and TAILS Original Art in this week's auction

I've put some more pieces of my original artwork in eBay and the auctions run until Sunday 13th March. This time there's a very early Robo-Capers from Marvel UK's Transformers, a Tom Thug page from Oink!, and one that fans of Sonic the Comic may be interested in! Here's more info...

As most of you know, during the 1990s I was one of the main regular writers on Fleetway's Sonic the Comic. When I first submitted work to them though it was as an artist. I sent off three pages; one penciled, one inked, and one coloured. I've since sold the latter two, but now I've found the penciled page; a sample of Tails in action.

STC never used me as an artist but they gave me lots of work as a writer, so it all turned out OK. Therefore this Tails page has never been published, or even seen outside of Fleetway until now. If you're interested in bidding on it you'll find it listed at this link...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203858889357

Robo-Capers was one of the earliest professional comic strips I did, and it began in Marvel UK's Transformers comic in 1985. The one on eBay this week is from issue No.22 and features the recurring villain King No-Nose! If you wish to bid you'll find it here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203858896992 

Tom Thug was one of my most popular and longest running characters, and he started out in Oink! comic. The one in the auction this week is a full page complete story from Oink! No.45 from 1988. You'll find it in my eBay listing at this link...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203858905339

Thanks to those of you who have bid already. It's much appreciated. Each listing shows close ups of the art for you to peruse. Best of luck with your bids!


No comments: