Friday 4 March 2022

Anyone have FUN-SIZE DANDY No.129?

I like to have an edition of everything I've been published in but one comic has eluded me. Twenty years ago I drew about a dozen stories for Fun-Size Dandy and Fun-Size Beano and I have them all but one. Fun-Size Dandy No.129, published in 2002, includes a seven page Korky the Cat story I drew but I've never seen the published version.

Here's the first two pages which I scanned from my art before posting it off (back in the days before I emailed art to the publishers). Obviously the word balloons would be added by the D.C. Thomson designers, as would the colour back in those days. (The Fun-Size comics were printed in basic colours on newsprint.) I designed the logo, based on the style of logos that Korky had in the 1960s.

If anyone has a spare copy they don't want, please let me know and hopefully we can come to some arrangement. I should stress that this is Fun-Size Dandy No.129 I'm looking for, not Dandy Comic Library 129, which was a different publication. No links to pirated copies please. It's the physical paper comic I'm after.

Here's an article I wrote a few years ago about the other strips I drew for the Fun-Size comics:

https://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/2014/09/fun-size-fun.html

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

No comments: