Thursday, 23 April 2020
The77.... coming next month!
The current crisis is affecting every aspect of our lives, and although I know it's trivial compared to most things that are going on, the comics industry is no exception to it. With shops shut and some publishers putting their comics on hiatus it's a bad time for the comics in general. However, even though you won't be able to buy any new Marvel or DC comics for a while, there's a new independent comic heading our way next month.
The77 is a title I've plugged here before (and you'll have also seen it mentioned in Barmy Comix this week) and the first issue will be out in May. I've created a new character, Sgt.Shouty of the Moon Force for it, and there's a ton of other creators in there too. Here's the list of contents...
• Temporal Anarchy Dark myths set in 1977, brought to you by Philthy Luka, the original punk rocker – By Alan Holloway and Neil ‘Blackbird’ Sims
• V In the future they’ll fight to become history – By Steve Bull and Ade Hughes
• The Screaming Hand! Trapped in a web of para-anatomical terror – By Kek-W and Conor Boyle
• Angel – By Baden James Mellonie and Steve Austin.
• The Last Man Brexit in space with killer robots – By Phil Elliott and Michael Powell
• The Prodigal Enslaved for three centuries by the Dark Fae, mankind awaits their liberator – Mal Earl
• Key Runners Loyal secret agents, whose mission is to defeat organised crime and government corruption – By Drew Marr
• TechnoFreak Criminals, robots and Maurice the cat – By John Charles and Tom Newell
• Lifeboat – a poster of Ian Gibson’s unpublished Masterpiece
• Penny Pentagram London’s Grooviest Occult Detective – By David Thomas and Jonny Roydon
• Division 77 ….Fighting a future war to save humanity, again – by Dave Heeley and Sinclair Elliott.
• Tinkling Triangles As featured in The SheerGlam Conspiracy – by Steve MacManus and Brendon Wright
• Have Blaster, Will Travel ‘When The Stranger hits town, it stays hit!’ – By Paul McCollum and Ed Doyle
• SGT. SHOUTY of the Moon Force In space everyone can hear you shout! – By Lew Stringer
• Tempered Curse 1312AD: the last days of the Knights Templar – By Dave Bedford and Morgan Gleave
Plus exclusive features on
• ROK! The God by John Wagner, Alan Grant and Dan Cornwell
• ComicScene magazine
• Edge of Extinction by Baden James Mellonie and artwork by Ryan Brown.
You can find out more at their website at this link:
...and on their Facebook page at this link: