Friday 24 February 2023

The PETE AND HIS PIMPLE comic from 1987


 


Back in 1987 when I was a regular contributor to Oink! comic, editor Mark Rodgers asked me to produce an 8 page pull-out comic featuring my popular Pete and His Pimple character. Here you can see my initial cover rough and the finished printed version. Mark added the "with Pull-Out Plooky Poster" comment in his red editorial ink.

I had complete control over the 8 page comic from script, design and art and it was very enjoyable to do. Rather than hogging (piggy pun) the whole 8 pages myself I asked Ed McHenry and Mike Higgs to draw a couple of the back up features. The comic appeared as part of Oink! No.41 and you can read all about it over on Phil Boyce's Oink! Blog at this link...

https://oink.blog/2022/11/14/oink-41-pop-out-comic/

***************************************

No comments: