Saturday 11 February 2023

Testing Times!

These truly are Testing Times but the reason for using it as a blog post is that's the title of a page I drew for next week's Beano. It was drawn back in December and has seen print in Beano No.4173, which will be in the shops on Wednesday 15th February.

It was a pleasure to draw all the Bash Street Kids, including the new ones. Although not in the script I thought I'd add a few of their dogs too, as I miss doing the Pup Parade strips. I know readers miss them too so I hope they'll enjoy seeing them included here.

This week is the 69th anniversary of The Bash Street Kids, who first appeared in the Beano in 1954.

I've no idea when I'll be in the Beano again but I had fun drawing this full pager. Here's how it looked when I started pencilling it. I then inked it and scanned the page into Photoshop where I applied the colours.

 

1 comment:

BenGMan said...

Hey Lew! I got the issue this morning & saw the puzzle (you drew)!