Sunday 24 January 2021

A Peek into the Future

As it's such a snowy day I thought you'd like to see an advance sneak-peek at a snowy scene from The Dandy Annual 2022. The book won't be out until July/August of this year so it's a long way off yet! 

I'll have five pages in this book. Four full page Keyhole Kate strips that I've written and drawn, plus artwork for a puzzle page. The pages were done last year because we work way in advance on the annuals.

I'll show you a few more snippets closer to the publication time. 

For now, stay safe... and stay warm! Just a few months ago temperatures reached as high as 33C here. Today... below freezing! British weather eh? 

The view from my house today.


9 comments:

Manic Man said...

had no snow down here in the southeast.. don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Lew Stringer said...

I loved the snow when I was a kid but not these days. Too icy and slippy for me at my age. Hibernating this week! :)

Manic Man said...

I prefer the cold to the heat cause it's pretty easy to put on extra clothing or a blanket when it's too cold, but very tricky to cool down when it's too hot. I don't mind the snow, and can enjoy it (a few years back did make a bit of a mistake deciding that I had never made a snow angel, so I wanted to have a go, but didn't remember some of the grass in the garden was a bit long in that area and ended up with a lot of slashs on my wrist) but I really don't like when it's icy.. more so when it's so-called "black ice".. might be down to a childhood issue.. through a friend of mine has some removeable snowg grips for shoes which are pretty cheap and useful on ice.

Bruce Laing said...

I'm sort of the same. Although winter in my neck of the woods is a bit warmer than when I lived in Sydney (where it would usually be in the high teens or early twenties) here the temperatures by the middle of the day can get up to the mid 20s.

The early mornings on the other hand can get to the high single digits, or the low teens. Brr.

Lew Stringer said...

It's forecast 7 to 12 degrees here this week so it'll feel much milder!

Unknown said...

Great site ...saw you advertise it on the MWOBCs .. will follow it now if okay

Lew Stringer said...

Please do! Thanks and welcome on board.

BeanoFan12 said...

Oh hello I've been looking at your posts on blimey and started looking at this one, when this blimey stopped uploading posts from you.

Lew Stringer said...

Welcome! Yep, I stopped doing new posts on Blimey! 14 months ago. This blog is where I'm at now. :)