Sunday 11 July 2021

Remembering The Dark Newt!

Facebook reminded me today that it's been nine years since The Dark Newt first appeared in The Dandy weekly. Although I've worked on classic charcters for that comic like The Smasher and Keyhole Kate, or had characters created by editors for me to work on (Kid Cops and Postman Prat) this was the only character I created entirely myself for The Dandy. I'm quite proud of that, although The Dark Newt only ran for six weeks. Still, it's part of Dandy history and that can't be changed. 

 

The Dark Newt ran in The Dandy from issue No.3590 to 3595 in 2012.

The Dark Newt episode 3 from The Dandy No.3592.


2 comments:

Tony Howson said...

Nine years already ? EEK !

I liked this strip. At the time I was impressed that you took a few panels to provide back story on the Internewt. After nearly 60 years of comics my suspension of disbelief is so stretched that I wouldn't have questioned it anyway but it was nice to see some detail.

The Internewt role sounds similar to Tom Hanks frontier job in 2020's "News of the World".

Lew Stringer said...

I couldn't resist some added daftness by doing that extra strip. Glad you liked it. The Dandy was such great fun to work on.