Saturday 30 December 2017

Happy New Year!

2017 was a good year for me. Work was steady, producing strips for Beano, Toxic, Epic, Doctor Who Magazine and The Dandy Annual. I also finally self-published Combat Colin No.1, the first in a series of comics collecting the classic strips. I was fortunate to be invited as a guest to a lot of conventions and attended 12 in all, in various locations across the UK. 

It really has been a boost to attend so many events and meet readers past and present. It's also been great to see old friends from the comics industry, and to meet new people too! 

Closer to home, it's been brilliant to hang out with my friends and have a good laugh, and to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in years. 

As you can see from the photo compilation above, 2017 was full of laughs, travel, and friendship, and I'm always grateful for that. I never make long-term plans as that can lead to disappointment and stress, so I take things as they come and hope for the best. Hopefully 2018 will bring more of the same and some nice surprises too. 

I know that this year has involved losses for some of you but, take it from me, even though it's a cliché, time is a great healer. The grief never completely disappears, and can come crashing back some days, but it happens less over time and the comfort from the company of friends can bring peace of mind. I wish you all good health and happiness for 2018. Onwards and upwards! 


2 comments:

PhilEdBoyce said...

Ah the jet set life, eh Lew? Happy New year to you and I hope 2018 is a great one for you!

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, that's my private jet you know. I even use it to fly to the corner shop. ;-)

Thanks, Phil. Great to meet you this year! A Happy New Year to you too.