Saturday 21 November 2015

Beatniks!

The brilliant Hunt Emerson has a new book out, Hot Jazz, collecting all his many wonderful strips featuring jazz characters Maz Zillion and Alto Ego. The back of the book features a bonus section containing jazz-themed artwork by various artists Hunt invited to contribute. It was my pleasure and privilege to be one of those invited. 

Above is my contribution. I really enjoyed drawing those beatniks. Each character drawing appears separately in the book but I thought I'd show the complete image here. 

I'll be reviewing the book soon on my other blog, Blimey!, but I can tell you now that Hot Jazz is well worth buying. Treat yourself for Christmas by buying a copy directly from Knockabout at the eBay store:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-JAZZ-by-Hunt-Emerson-/201469720596?hash=item2ee887f814:g:FiUAAOSw6dNWTbG8

No comments: