Monday 3 April 2023

VIZ artwork and Robo-Capers in this week's auction!

I've put some more of my original art pages up for auction. I know some of you have been after Robo-Capers pieces and I've found a few remaining ones from 1987 I hope you'll be interested in. 

There's the Robo-Capers strip from Marvel's Transformers No.127... 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204292940906?hash=item2f90cee46a:g:UYEAAOSwLIJkKbmJ 

 


...and the following one from Transformers No.128...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204292941581?hash=item2f90cee70d:g:tAsAAOSwfhRkKbqt 

 


I'm also selling a my artwork for a strip that appeared in a Viz Summer Special over 20 years ago. Sandy Cockseye only appeared once, and this is his complete two page story. (Drawn as four half pagers.) Adults only 'cos it's rude!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204292949323?hash=item2f90cf054b:g:TwkAAOSwto1kKbs7 

 


PLUS if you collect old comics you might be interested in one of the most collectable British comics of the 1960s. Alan Class' Creepy Worlds No.32 which featured the first UK reprint of Fantastic Four No.1. The story that kicked off the Marvel Age of Comics.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204292936924?hash=item2f90ced4dc:g:tdcAAOSw0iJkKbgO 

 


Bidding on those four items ends on Sunday 9th April! Good luck! 

**********************************

Meanwhile, a few other items reach the end of their auctions on Tuesday 4th April. You can read about those in a previous post here: 

http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/2023/03/art-auction-for-this-week.html 

************************************

2 comments:

Tony Howson said...

A few random thoughts:

The evil alien despot in Robo Capers has the look of a grown up Tom Thug. I like that.

I missed Robo Capers the first time around, but every time I see it now I think Rebellion are missing a trick by not giving you a page in 2000AD Regened. Your cheeky, irreverent robots are a nice counterpoint to the knowing meta Droid Life that's in the regular prog.

As a loyal reader of Smash! and Wham!, that Creepy Worlds is really tempting. The Fantastic Four in glorious back and white as they were meant to be.

Lew Stringer said...

Oddly enough the similarity between King No-Nose and Tom Thug wasn't intentional. It must just have been a quirk in my style at the time. Glad you like it though.

I can't see me being commissioned by Rebellion anytime soon unfortunately. I did a few things for their Buster specials and the first Monster Fun special and I was told there'd be more work in MFun but then they dropped me without explanation. Perhaps they only want younger artists, which is fair enough I guess. That's the way of the comics biz unfortunately.

I have a few jobs for other publishers to keep me busy at present and I'm not in the best of health these days so I'm not going to stress over why certain editors suddenly went quiet for no given reason.