Wednesday 19 April 2023

Keeping Busy

I'm pleased to say that work has picked up a bit recently. I can't show some of the material I'm drawing yet for copyright reasons but I will when it's published. Some unusual and interesting commissions. One of the great things about this job is that every year brings something new that you didn't anticipate to work on. 

Unfortunately some other things are not anticipated either, and I have a health issue at the moment that is preying on my mind as well as taking up time with tests. I won't go into further details publicly at this point. (No, it's not contagious.)

Anyway, trying to stay optimistic and carry on with life as best as possible. I feel well at present and hope to stay that way for as long as I can. See you in the funnybooks!

******************** 

7 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

Glad things are getting a bit better workwise and all the best with your health issues Lew

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul.

qamar said...

Good to hear work has picked up Lew. I was going to ask how your health was but didn't want to pry. Hope the doctors don't mess you around with appointments etc. From experience with my mum you need to be pushy when needed.

Elliesdad said...

It’s good to hear the work is still coming in Lew - we’ve all got to earn a crust and pay hills etc.
I recall you’re a tad younger than me (I’ll be 65 next month) but, at our age, “health issues” come with the territory…
C’est la vie really.
Take care. All the best,
Geoff

Lew Stringer said...

You can get this at any age, Geoff.

Had more blood tests yesterday quamar. It's a slow process with the way the NHS is these days.

Graeme said...

As Elliesdsd said aches and pains are common at our age. I even involuntarily "grunt" now when I arise from a chair a d don't even ask me to walk when I can use the car. Just cut down on the beer and cakes perhaps and accept that creaky joints are part of life.

Lew Stringer said...

You're making some huge erroneous assumptions there, Graeme. Do you think I'd have even bothered to mention anything if it was something as trivial as "creaky joints"? Again, it's not age related, I rarely drink now, and have been eating healthily for a year, so please no more assumptions. I'll say no more.