Tuesday 28 December 2021

Beano Search and Find!


I'm pleased with how this turned out. As I mentioned a while ago, I was commissioned to draw a two page spread for the Beanotown Search And Find book and it's now available. 

Each book is printed to order, and you can have it personalised with the name of your child (or anyone) and use the available props to make it look like a young cartoon version of the person drawn by Nigel Parkinson. I like to have a copy of everything I've been published in so I bought one. As I don't have any kids I used my own name and based it on how I looked when I was a kid. (Yes, I had a full head of black hair back then. :)) 

Cover by Nigel Parkinson.

Various artists have contributed to the book including Nigel Parkinson (cover, main story and a couple of spreads), Laura Howell, Hugh Raine, Steve Beckett and more, each tackling different locations in Beanotown. I was assigned to draw loads of kids teeming out of Bash Street School, which was great fun! (Yes, there are a LOT more pupils attending the school than the usual 11 Bash Street Kids we usually see. I enjoyed creating some new ones!)

I also drew Bananaman's General Blight and Doctor Gloom for a puzzle page. Very good characters to illustrate. 

As the book is printed to order and each one is unique it doesn't come cheap, but it's a personalised item that would make a nice birthday gift. You can order one exclusively from the Beano website at this link...

https://shop.beano.com/build-a-beano-personalised-search-and-find-book


No comments: