Saturday 18 December 2021

An Annual Treat

This is my last promo for the annuals I'm in this year. I've contributed to two titles. One is a brand new book and one is a title that's been around for over 80 years, and I find that old and new aspect really pleasing. 

The new title is The77 Annual, a 136 page book spinning off from the ongoing independent comic The77. Contents are all new and feature a variety of strips from established creators such as Glenn Fabry, Steve Pugh, John Charles, and myself, and newer creators such as Andrw Sawyers and Ian Stopforth. 

My contribution is The Origin of Doctor Plank, written, drawn, coloured and lettered by me, explanding the storyline of Sgt.Shouty with the backstory of his nemesis. 

There's also a colouring spread using a black and white version of my artwork for the variant cover for issue 4. 

You can find The77 Annual in comic shops (not newsagents) or you can order it from online sellers here:

https://the77comic.bigcartel.com/product/the77-annual-no1 

https://getmycomics.com/The77 

 

The long established book is of course The Dandy Annual, still going strong even 9 years after the weekly comic folded. 112 pages of all new material in full colour from creators such as Nigel Parkinson, Laura Howell and Steve Bright. My contributions are four Keyhole Kate pages I've written, drawn, coloured and lettered, plus a puzzle page I drew.

 
 
 
 
 

You can buy The Dandy Annual from WH Smith, some supermarkets, and bookshops, or you can order it directly from the publisher here:

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/the-dandy-annual-2022

*********************************

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Dandy Annual has been beating The Beano (currently sitting at No.4) to Number 1 spot in the comics & Graphic Novels category for the last couple of weeks on Amazon. Hopefully DC Thompson are taking note.

Lew Stringer said...

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know.

Gareth said...

I'll pick them up for a pound each in the sales after Christmas.

Lew Stringer said...

You won't find The77 Annual for a pound after Christmas. It's an indie book with a smaller print run than the other annuals and, as I said, not available in newsagents.