Wednesday 15 January 2020

Busy week!

I'm pleased to say that I have a lot of work on this week! There's the new Buster strip to draw for the Cor!! Buster Easter Special, another Daft Dimension to do for Doctor Who Magazine.... and the first of my brand new strips for the Beano

I can't really show much this far in advance, but above is a tiny fragment of the Buster strip before colouring it. There's a lot going on in this story, and loads of characters, some of whom haven't been seen in print for a very long time, but the script by John Freeman is fun to draw! I'm really enjoying this. 

Anyway, it's 1.47 A.M. and I need to get some rest before embarking on more of it in the morning! 

•••••••••••••••••••••••

3 comments:

Manic Man said...

All sounds good ^_^

might be too busy for a good long answer but not counting stuff that was never published in an way, you have done a lot of stuff over the years for some pretty limited/rare releases like inhouse magazines, small-ish time websites etc what would you say would be the most obscure work you have done which had been released?

Andrew L said...

Have you ever drawn andy capp ?

Lew Stringer said...

Andy Capp? No. Very few people have.

Hmm... not sure, Ryan, off the top of my head. Possibly the artwork I did for various children's books back in the mid-1980s when I was assisting Mike Higgs for a while. I couldn't sign my name to them, so none of the readers would know I'd worked on them. I'll post some examples here when I have more time.