Sunday 21 July 2019

Revised con list

I'm sorry to hear that the Worcester Comics Festival, that was due to take place on 17th August, has been cancelled. It doesn't seem to be a good season for Midlands-based events. Only last week ICE2019, the annual Birmingham International Comic Expo, was also cancelled. 

Above is a revised listing of the shows I'll be at for the rest of this year. Hopefully the 14th September one will have its official announcement soon and I'll post the news here. 

I've said it before but we all owe convention organisers a debt of gratitude. If it wasn't for them there wouldn't even be a comics community. Sometimes it doesn't work out, through no fault of the organisers. There's a lot to deal with when putting on a show, including venue hire, insurance, booking guests and accommodation (and flights in some cases), ticket sales, staffing, plus sometimes red tape involving local councils etc. It's a miracle that so many events do actually reach completion! I certainly wouldn't have the stamina and patience to deal with the stress. 

As you can see, the next show I'll be at will be the huge LFCC next weekend. I'll be posting details about that in a day or two! 




No comments: