Tuesday 9 July 2019

Pup Parade will return to the BEANO!

First script for the new series. Parts redacted to avoid spoilers!
I'm pleased to say I've been commissioned to write and draw a new series of Pup Parade for the Beano, beginning in September.

The new series will be a mini-strip of 3 or 4 panels per episode. Not a lot of space in which to feature nine characters, so the spotlight will be on different pups each week. 

I've already written the first three scripts. The first one has been approved, so I'll be drawing that next week. 

I've enjoyed drawing the strip in the past when it was a full pager and a half pager in its previous two series, so I'm looking forward to taking those Bash Street Dogs for walkies again! 

The strip was a favourite of mine when it began in The Beano in 1967, drawn by Gordon Bell, so it's an honour to be the current artist on the strip. 


5 comments:

Peter Gray said...

The Beano is always better with your work inside...

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Peter. I agree! :)

Monopode said...

I used to love Pup Parade when I was a lad but it always annoyed me the strip wasn’t titled, ‘The Bash Street Pups.’

Lew Stringer said...

It was sub-titled "with The Bash Street Dogs" though, - at least it was in the 1960s. I presume you read it later?

Monopode said...

Yes, 70s and early 80s. I was born in 68. I started getting the annuals in 1974 and if memory serves I started reading the comic in 1973. Dandy too.