Saturday 29 June 2019

Busy week ahead

It's 31 degrees outside, I'm still fighting a virus, and I have a busy week ahead. Ideally I'd have taken the week off and headed to the coast but you can't predict when the lurgy will slow you down and typically it happens at the one time of the year when you suddenly have a lot to do. 

Still, first world problems and all that, and I'm certainly grateful for the work! This week I'm writing the next Daft Dimension script for Doctor Who Magazine, drawing strips for the Dandy and Beano Annuals that will be out in a year's time, plus drawing the final episode of Derek the Troll for the last issue of digital comic Goof! 

I'm also researching the complete run of a short-lived comic for an article I'm writing for Comic Scene No.7, which will be out in August. There's the stack of every issue in the photo above. I've blurred the cover to keep it a secret for now, but feel free to post your guesses in the comments below! 


6 comments:

arcticcircle said...

Oink!

Lew Stringer said...

No, but hopefully I'll write about Oink! in a future issue.

Manic Man said...

well.. its not Vulcan.. Wildcat.. no.. don't think so.. nor Serenade.. might be a bit stupid but.. I'll just go for Jag ^_^

Lew Stringer said...

Jag would be a good one to cover, but, no. It's a comic that was only printed on newsprint, so web litho comics like Jag, Cor!!, Tiger are out, as are the glossies such as Vulcan, Countdown etc.

Hibernia Comics said...

Monster Fun!

Lew Stringer said...

I'm afraid not. I only have one issue of Monster Fun. (Was never that keen on the 1970s IPC funnies.)