Wednesday 13 March 2019

Back in the VIZ

There's a new issue of Viz in the shops today, - and I'm very pleased to be back in its pages. You'll find a new adventure with Felix and his Amazing Underpants on page 45 as our half-naked hero gets involved in a Brexit-related jape. Artwork and initial plot by me, script by Graham Dury and Simon Thorp. 

I first worked for Viz about 30 years ago, and became a regular contributor in the 1990s until just a few years ago when other commitments kept me busy elsewhere. I'd been intending to submit something again for a long time and finally got around to it. 

Whether I'll be a regular contributor again remains to be seen, as each idea submission has always been on a case by case basis. Plus they have more contributors than they used to, so there's some fierce competition out there! I'm currently working on a script for the next issue though, so fingers crossed! 

Viz No.284 is in newsagents and supermarkets across the UK from today, price £3.70. Here's the cover, by Simon Thorp, to look out for...


3 comments:

James Larcombe said...

I was pleased to see your ever-recognisable lettering back on the Felix page this month, you've been missed!

Lew Stringer said...

Thank you, James! People rarely mention the lettering so I'm glad you did. Fun Fact: The way I letter exclamation marks was inspired by the lettering on Reg Parlett's "Happy Family" in Buster in 1969, - which was a reprint of 'The Harty Family" from TV Fun from the 1950s.

Lew Stringer said...

Sadly my return was brief. My ideas for the next issue were rejected. Maybe I'll be back in a future issue.