Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Readers Start Here!

Firstly, a Happy New Year to all of you, and a big welcome to the new readers who have hopped over from my other blog, Blimey! which I'll be winding down this year. 

This blog features news and previews of my upcoming strips, and reflections on my work from over the years. If you're unfamiliar with my material, I've been freelancing professionally in comics full time now for 35 years, writing and drawing humour strips for comics such as Oink!, Buster, The Beano, The Dandy, Viz, Toxic, Marvel UK, and many others.

My current work includes...

The Daft Dimension for Doctor Who Magazine...
Team Toxic for Toxic magazine...
Derek the Troll for digital comic Goof!...

Hygiene High (from scripts by Niall Murray) for Epic magazine...
You'll find Doctor Who Magazine, Toxic, and Epic in newsagents and supermarkets across the UK. 

Goof! is exclusively online only and can be subscribed to here:
https://www.goofcomic.co.uk 


As well as keeping busy with mainstream comics I also self-publish my own comics occasionally, such as Derek the Troll, Pedantic Stan, and Combat Colin, reprinting stories of mine from long ago. You can order them directly from my website here:
http://www.lewstringer.com/page7.htm
I've been fortunate to be a guest at many comics conventions over the years so if you're attending any this year please drop by for a chat, and/or commission a sketch, buy a comic, etc. Here's the list so far of dates for shows I'll be at in 2019. (More to be added later.) Those marked "To Be Announced" will be clarified as soon as the organisers make the official announcements...

MANCHESTER COMIC FEST
27th April 2019
Wythenshawe Forum
www.facebook.com/manchestercomicfest/

To Be Announced:
Saturday 11th May 2019

To Be Announced:
Saturday 18th May 2019

COMICS SALOPIA
1st and 2nd June 2019
Shrewsbury
https://comicssalopia.com

To Be Announced:
22nd June 2019

ICE 2019
Saturday 31st August 2019
Edgbaston Cricket Ground
Birmingham
B5 7QU
www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ice-birmingham-2019-tickets-52230273153

To Be Announced:
14th September 2019

To Be Announced:
28th and 29th September 2019

Thanks for visiting this blog and I hope you'll find it entertaining! If you have any comments or questions, please post a comment below or on any of my other posts. 

You can also follow me on Facebook here:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/lewstringercartoonist/



No comments: