Wednesday 26 September 2018

Chaos in the classroom!

I'm back in the Beano this week, albeit temporarily, with two full pages. They're puzzle pages, not strips, but they were great fun to draw! 

The first is a Bash Street Kids "find the objects" type puzzle, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to draw a traditionally chaotic Bash Street classroom scene! There's a snippet of it above.

The other page features Roger the Dodger and various Beano adults in a tangled rope rock climbing puzzle. This one is based on the Roger strip that Barrie Appleby drew this week. I think this is the first time I've drawn Roger's dad. Again, good fun to do.

I won't be in the Beano again until... two week's time I think, with another puzzle. After that...? Your guess is as good as mine. The Beano has a lot of cartoonists to share work out to these days, and new artists are coming in all the time, so it's a case of being patient and keeping busy on other comics and mags. 

Anyway, if you want to see my puzzle pages in full, check out Beano No.3954, out today!


No comments: