Monday, 10 August 2026

The Prisoner discussed

One for fans of the classic enigmatic 1960s TV series The Prisoner. A brand new 320 page book has just been published entitled Half A Dozen of the Other: It Means What It Says that contains numerous in depth essays about the series. 

This is Volume Three of a series (and the final volume) that was begun by the late Ed Fordham, and has been concluded by Prisoner expert Rick Davy. It contains submissions by many writers, giving their observations, theories and knowledge about the show, and is an intriguing and entertaining read. The book also includes many new black and white photographs of Portmeirion, the village that served for location filming of The Prisoner. 

Why am I plugging this book on my business blog? Well, because I'm pleased to say there's a cartoon by me in the back, that I drew in 2007. This one didn't appear in my Fanzine Funnies Prisoner cartoon collection ('cos I forgot to include it) so it's the first time it's been in print since the PM2007 convention booklet way back when.  

If you enjoyed The Prisoner, Half A Dozen of the Other: It Means What It Says is a great read. Profits from the book will go to the charities MIND and Ty Gobaith Children's Hospice so it's all in a good cause. You can buy the book at this link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Half-Dozen-Other-Means-Three/dp/B0HCGNVBGS/



No comments: