Thursday 6 August 2020

Don't miss out on the fun!

 
With unpredictable bad timing The Cor!! Buster Easter Special was available in WH Smiths... during the lockdown, so as most branches of Smiths were closed it meant that some readers missed it! 

However, the good news is you don't have to miss out because the comic is still available to buy by post, directly from the publisher!  

The Easter theme is only present in a few of the strips so you can look at it as a Summer Special if you wish, although hopefully you'll still find the Easter stories egg-selent too! (Couldn't resist. Don't worry. The humour in the special is funnier than that!)

I'm very pleased with how the special turned out and it was a pleasure to contribute, so I hope you enjoy it too! Hop over to the Treasury of British Comics website to order it now!
https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/catalogue/humour/RCS2052 

...and if you missed last year's special, that's still available too! 
https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/catalogue/humour/RCS1951 
 

4 comments:

Andrew L said...

My wh Smith has been open all through lockdown so I managed to get a copy. However I never saw the smash special and have not seen you mention it recently. Did this get issued

Lew Stringer said...

The Smash! Special was never intended to be sold in newsagents, only comic shops. Unfortunately comic shops were closed for weeks too. Your best bet is to buy it from the publisher. You'll find it at the main page of the links above.

Leo H said...

Diamond going on hiatus early on worked to my advantage in this case, when my local comic shop opened again they had a copy of the Cor Buster special waiting for me. On the downside I've only just caught up with 2000AD! Hardly a crisis but it's nice to be up to date again.

Lew Stringer said...

I've drastically cut back on the comics I buy but have a stack of Batman comics to read now. While they were on hiatus I'd gone off reading current U.S. comics and have been reading reprint colections of 1950s horror comics instead. (Check out Gwandanaland Comics on Amazon.)

I started subscribing to 2000AD when the lockdown started and glad I did. Much more convenient than going to Smiths every week. Good to hear your LCS had the Buster special! Unless more people order it now it'll be a rarity in years to come!