Monday 30 March 2020

Comics update

As things stand at present, with the COVID-19 lockdown expected to continue for six months or more, and as I don't have a lot of work on right now, I've sadly decided to put Combat Colin No.5 on hold.

It will be published eventually, at some point, assuming I survive the next few months of course (who expected that to be a disclaimer we'd all start using?). At present the printers I use are still in business, but I don't really want to be risking my life several times a week taking comics to the post office to mail out. The instruction is to stay at home so I'll only be leaving when necessary. I hope you understand.

For those of you who have suggested I do issue 5 as a digital edition; it's not something I want to do. I'd prefer to stick with the print format for the whole series for consistency. Besides, digital comics only get pirated and put onto dodgy download sites right away. 

That said, I may release something in the digital format soon, but it won't be Combat Colin No.5. Watch this space.

All being well I'll publish Combat Colin No.5 in late summer or Autumn, but we'll see how life pans out. 

Take care all. 

****************

5 comments:

Manic Man said...

expected ^_^ but good for keeping us informed.

and sure you'll be fine, And I look forward to when the issue comes out

McSCOTTY said...

A good decision Lew as it may sound like overkill to some folk not popping out to the printers etc but I have not been out much (working from home the last 2 weeks) but I have had to isolate as I have symptoms including loss of smell (which is really strange sensation) high temp over 38, aches and a cough - take care stay in, its not pleasant

Lew Stringer said...

Look after yourself Paul. Hope you'll be ok.

U.K.COMICKERS said...

What do you mean six months? Where do you get that from? The lockdown should be over by May!

Lew Stringer said...

May? I'm afraid that's impossible while the virus is still raging across the world. It won't be safe to end the lockdown until a vaccine is found and that's a long way off. I said six months but in reality it could be 12 to 18 months. Look at the news reports and see what scientists and doctors are saying. It's very grim indeed. Stay safe.