Friday 1 August 2014

Ivy's back!

Beano subscribers will probably find out any day now so I thought I'd mention that the new strip I'm drawing for the comic is Ivy the Terrible, and she's scheduled to start in The Beano dated August 16th (on sale August 13th).

Regular readers will remember Ivy the Terrible as a 1980s character who has been revived several times over the years. I even did a fill-in strip myself several years ago. 

The new series will be half page strips and the scripts I've been getting are full of slapstick fun and a delight to draw. 

My Lord Snooty mini-strip will also continue in The Beano for another month or so, and I'm also writing/drawing another mini-strip featuring an old favourite that will begin in a few weeks. 

Never Be Without A Beano! Every Wednesday. £2.00. 

6 comments:

Tiniebras said...

Ah, such great news! I love Ivy. Specifically I loved the Nixon / O'donnel era when she was truly terrible. After that they seemed to tone her down to just occasionally naughty. The Bea + Ivy strips also seemed to suffer from that short coming. I like the look of the panel you posted though, thats exactly the sort of expression I would expect a terrible Ivy to have :) Looking forward to seeing what you do with her!

Gilly said...

I look forward to reading the new Ivy strips Lew. I hope this eventually becomes a full page like Number 13.

Callum Joynes said...

In next weeks Beano, there is a puzzle page titled The Bash Street Bunk Off, is this by you?

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, that's by me as well Callum. I've drawn two other puzzle pages which should turn up soon too.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks. She's pretty naughty in the strips I've drawn so far. Her poor parents are on the receiving end.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Gilly!