Wednesday 9 April 2014

Looking ahead

Work on the comic annuals has always been done way in advance due to various scheduling reasons including printing. All the strips for the 2015 dated annuals were completed last summer, even though they won't be out until July to September of this year. 

Today, I was commissioned to produce a bunch of pages for the Dandy Annual 2016 and three for the Beano Annual 2016. Yes, 2016 cover dates, - books that won't be in the shops until late summer next year! Stories that many readers won't actually see until Christmas Day 2015, if they have the annuals as Christmas presents. 

I won't reveal any more at present as I've yet to write the scripts, then they have to be approved before I set to work drawing them. However, it's shaping up to be a very busy time over the next six weeks so if I don't get the chance to update my two blogs very often you'll know why. I'm sure you're as pleased as I am to hear that although the weekly Dandy was axed in 2012, the annual still survives.

In the meantime, above is a quick glimpse of Smasher, back in the next Dandy Annual! 

4 comments:

PhilEdBoyce said...

Always a pleasure to read your updates about new commission work Lew! No one likes a dry spell and as a fan it's great to read there's plenty on the way.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Phil! I also have my regular Toxic pages to do as well so it's going to be a busy few weeks ahead.

BeanoMaster said...

I haven't seen Rasher in The Beano for the past 2 weeks, has his run ended?

Lew Stringer said...

No, they have several in stock and I've sent two more to Beano HQ this week, so hopefully he'll be back soon!