Thursday 11 April 2013

More Beano fun


One of the things I enjoy about writing and drawing the Rasher strip for The Beano is that it gives me the opportunity to draw other Beano characters from time to time. This week's mini-strip has cameos from several classic Beano stars, with at least one in each of the four panels. The Beano No.3680, - out now!

I've also been drawing a few pages for The Beano's companion comic, BeanoMax, recently. I've provided several illustrations for a feature in issue 77 (on sale 24th April) and I think I have three pages in issue 78 (out at the end of May). I can't really show the images here until they're published but here's a Max-imum screen-grab close up of one that'll be in No.78. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice screen grab. It would be really nice if we could see you doing a tutorial on how to add colour to black and white line art on the computer. I'm sure fans would love to see that. I certainly would.

Beanokev said...

I really like your Dennis Lew, maybe while Nigel is on holiday you might get a few pages for the main story. I will repeat my desire to see you take on Ball Boy.

Peter Gray said...

Glad work is improving..;0)

Harry Rickard said...

I was glad to see the Rasher strip include Funsize Funnies such as Biffo and Pup Parade. It was nice to see some different characters being used especially the newer ones rather than appearances from characters like Dennis and Roger who'd be more predictable. :)

Lew Stringer said...

There are more guest-stars coming in the weeks ahead, Harry!

Lew Stringer said...

The process I use is the one I learned from a DC Comics book about colouring comics, but I might show it here sometime.

Lew Stringer said...

The drawback in taking over someone else's strip is they lose out unless they're given something new to draw. I wouldn't like that to happen to me so I've never been one to eye up other people's strips.

Admittedly Rasher was originally drawn by Dave Sutherland but that was years ago and he's still busy today on Bash Street and other features.