Friday 27 November 2020

Wraparound cover for The77 No.4 - Kickstarter now active!

 

It was a pleasure to be commissioned to draw a special wraparound variant cover for The77 No.4, and here is is above. It features my character Sgt.SHOUTY plus my take on various other characters from the comic. 

I was asked to draw a winter scene similar to the classic UK annual covers, and as The77 is inspired by gritty comics of the 1970s such as Action and 2000AD I thought a scene of comic violence was appropriate. The77 characters vs evil snowmen! 

The Kickstarter to fund The77 went live tonight and at the moment of typing this it's already near its target! You can pledge to buy the standard cover by Jon Roydon or my variant cover, or even both, as you'll see from the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the77comic/the77-4

The77 is the breakout British independent comic of 2020 featuring an anthology of all-new strips by established creators as well as new artists and writers. It's a great mix! Please support the comic and spread the word! 

********************


2 comments:

SID said...

Love your cover, Lew.

So much so that I will be buying both covers this time.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks SID! I think all the covers have been great so far but I'm pleased you've gone for mine as well as the regular one.