Friday 20 March 2020

Macc-Pow! cancelled for 2020

Always an enjoyable, positive event, the Macclesfield comics convention known as Macc-Pow! has sadly been cancelled for June 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. 

This was the announcement that organiser Marc Jackson made on the official Macc-Pow! Facebook page this morning:

"It is with a heavy heart and great sadness, that I announce this years MACC-POW! will not take place in June due to the current situation. To all those involved you have my thanks, we’ll do this next year bigger and even better with bells on. Stay well, stay safe and keep making comics."

Marc intends the event to return next year, on Saturday June 26th 2021. 

I've enjoyed the previous four years of Macc-Pow! with its upbeat spirit and companionship of great guests but I completely understand and agree with Marc's decision to cancel this year's show and I hope we can all meet again next year. 

*******************


No comments: