Tuesday 5 January 2021

This week's reference materials

I know I said I wasn't going to announce anything in advance or it might jinx it but I thought I'd just give you a clue as to what I'm drawing this week. I'm glad I kept these comics from the 1960s as they're essential for reference right now!

I'm working from a script by 2000AD writer Kek-W to appear as one of the stories in a one-off special coming later this year. Nope, it's not The Swots and the Blots, and it's not for 2000AD, nor is it for Smash! or Pow! but it is a revival of an old Odhams strip. I'm very pleased to be on board to bring this strip back that I used to enjoy reading over 50 years ago!

No more clues. All will be revealed sooner or later, but for now it's time to crack on as the deadline is looming!

**************************

4 comments:

McSCOTTY said...

Brilliant news Lew I am so looking forward to hearing more about this as these were some of my favourite childhood comics. I won't make any guesses but have some fav options.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul!

SID said...

Ahhh! The Rebellion specials that are coming out this year.

Can't wait. ��

Lew Stringer said...

Hopefully they'll be announced soon but due to the pandemic I have no idea if there'll be as many as last year. I only know of the one I'm contributing to.