Thursday 14 February 2019

Coming to Comic Scene...

I wrote my first article for Comic Scene this week and sent it off to the editor. As I mentioned previously, I've been commissioned to write a regular column on British humour comics, and the first one will appear in Comic Scene Vol.2 No.2 in March. (In case you somehow haven't heard of the mag, Comic Scene is a monthly full colour magazine dedicated to British comics, and it's available from comic shops and WH Smith.)

I've also had my suggestions approved for the following two articles, so I'm looking forward to writing those.

Basically it'll be a print version of the sort of articles I did for my Blimey! blog (which I'm winding down this year). Sometimes I'll be talking about comics creators, sometimes the comics or the characters. I'll mainly be focusing on the past, because Comic Scene already covers current UK comics pretty well. 

As I own thousands of old British comics they'll certainly come in handy for research! 

I'm very pleased that editor Tony Foster invited me to join the Comic Scene team. Writing articles makes a nice change from drawing or scripting comics (although I'll be continuing with that too of course). It's good to have variety in one's job! 

There's a new issue of Comic Scene in the shops next week (I'm not in that one) and you can find out more about it here:
https://comicscene.org



No comments: