Wednesday 20 February 2019

Combat Colin cover vignette

Every issue of Combat Colin shows a little figure of him beside the masthead. The idea was inspired by Marvel comics of the 1960s and 1970s, which I always felt was a nice touch to enable new readers to quickly identify the hero. 

Here's my original artwork for the figure next to a recent cover. (The solid blacks and colour were added to the art in Photoshop after I'd scanned it.) The original is A4 size so you can see the considerable reduction it needed for the cover icon. It reduced well though, as I made sure the inking was strong enough to work at any size. 

The art also appeared as a postcard (see below) but they're almost gone now.

If you haven't ordered copies of Combat Colin yet you can do so from my online shop here:
http://www.lewstringer.com/page7.htm

I'll be starting work on Combat Colin No.4 soon, to be published sometime in April. 


No comments: