Tuesday 16 February 2016

"This Land Is Mine!"

In the garden with my dog in the Summer of 1991.
Today was a good day. I've just been to the bank and paid off my mortgage! When I bought my house 25 years ago I imagined it might one day be a family home but that was not to be. Never mind. One thing I can be proud of is that I paid for my house on my own. Well, with the help of all the comics characters I worked on over the years of course. So thanks to Combat Colin, Tom Thug, Sonic the Hedgehog, Team Toxic, Suburban Satanists, Felix and his Amazing Underpants, The Pathetic Sharks, Super School, Rasher, and all the other strips that put money into my account over the years. I made some sacrifices along the way (no, not the Satanic kind) but if I can make a living out of comics, anyone can. So ignore the pessimists and grumpy gits and go for it! Thanks also to everyone who bought a piece of art or a comic from me. Now get orf moi laaand! 

2 comments:

Manic Man said...

well done ^_^ might have taken some time but yep, proof you can make a living without being a so-called huge name (I say so-called cause I personally think your name can sell a comic).

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks! :)