Sunday 17 December 2023

The new 77 Annual is out for Christmas!

Wise men (and women) who supported the Kickstarter for The77 Annual 2 should be receiving their books from the publisher now, well in time for Christmas. I suspect some of you will do the traditional thing of saving them to read on Christmas Day, so with that in mind I made sure that my contribution was suitably festive!

Christmas With Sgt.Shouty is a brand new full pager set in 2626, a year after the events in the ongoing Sgt.Shouty strip in The77 regular comic. The Christmas episode sees Shouty teamed with a new character, policewoman Copper Scarlet, as they investigate a cruel robot on the dark side of the Moon. 

The annual also features many more contributions from creators of the UK independent comic scene such as Dave Heeley, Ade Hughes, Jo Heeley, Rupert Lewis-Jones, Marc Jackson, Paul Goodenough, Ian Stopforth, Anna Everts, Darren Stephens, Steve MacManus and more! Alongside all that new material, the book also includes the comic strips that were produced for the Lawless Comic Con booklets of 2022 and 2023 including an illustration by Mick McMahon.

If you didn't back the Kickstarter you can buy The77 Annual 2 directly from the publisher (not available in supermarkets or newsagents) at this link...

https://the77comic.bigcartel.com/

A reminder that I also have work in The Dandy Annual 2024 (four pages of Kid Cops) plus the Beano/Dandy giftbook reprints my Keyhole Kate time travel three pager from a few years ago.

https://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/2023/08/the-2024-annuals-are-out-now.html

 


*********************************


4 comments:

Tony Howson said...

I had the email with the PDF version link last week and the physical book turned up this morning. Looks a nice package, though I've not removed the cellophane packing yet. I might do what you suggest and keep it for Christmas Day, maybe read it in between Top of the Pops and the Queen's speech (it is still 1985 isn't it?).

I've supported The 77 since day one but I really should sit down and read it properly. I usually admire the covers, read Shouty and Mister Meeker, and flick through the rest for any art that catches my eye, but I can't say that I've followed the regular strips. If I get a break this Christmas, a proper re-read is on the agenda. And with that in mind, I think I'll stay offline over the holidays.

Just to say once again how much I've enjoyed following your blogs and I hope you realise how much your work has meant to so many of us. I believe you've said in past years that Christmas isn't really your time, but forgive me if I wish you all the best for the festive season. Good will in dark times and all that. Take care.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Tony. Much appreciated. Wishing you a Happy Christmas and all the best for 2024.

Mj said...

Best wishes Lew, thinking of you

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks MJ. All the best.