Sunday 10 December 2023

One final auction before Christmas - a page from 30 years ago!

A big thank you to all of you who have bid on my auctions this year. It really has saved me from the workhouse, or whatever the modern equivalent is. I've put one more page up, the last auction before Christmas, and it's the Christmas with Tom Thug page that appeared in Buster 30 years ago! 

 

This 1993 page of original art features Tom Thug and all his family celebrating Christmas. It's one of the very few Tom Thug stories where he doesn't end up with too much of a punishment. My editor told me that "even baddies in Buster deserve a happy Christmas". 

Even so, Tom's behaviour backfires on him, albeit mildly this time. The whole point of the Tom Thug stories is that his bullying and bad attitude should always have repercussions. I created Tom to always be the villain of the story, never the hero, never a character to respect or admire. The reader should always be laughing at Tom, never with him. I hope that, if someone else ever revives the strip for new stories after I'm gone, that they'll honour and remember that important point about the character. If they dont, feel free to heckle and chastise them!

Anyway, if you want the original art for this strip, head over to eBay and please bid or use the Buy It Now option. To avoid the Christmas postal delays, this auction only runs for three days and will end on Wednesday 13th December! Good luck!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204574782548?hash=item2fa19b7454:g:zygAAOSwaSFlddNY


*******************


No comments: