Saturday 10 June 2023

Heading a change!

I felt it was time to spruce this blog up with a new logo so out goes this header that I've used for years...

...and in comes this brand new one...

The font used for the main titles is Geek Speak from that wonderful font company Comicraft.

https://www.comicbookfonts.com/Geek-Speak-font-p/fx138i.htm 

The font underneath the image is Arial Bold which comes supplied with every Mac.

I'm not saying this new header is permanent. I may tweak it from time to time, or even do another redesign before long, but for now this is the new blog header. Can you name all the characters? (The tentacled eye on the left is just a random nameless creature.) 

****************** 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Characters are Combat Colin, Semi-Automatic Steve, Vampire Brats, Eternal Dalek, Tom Thug, Bones, Pete and his Pimple, King Nonose, Brickman, Big Eggo, Derek the Troll, Sgt Shouty, a Pathetic Shark.

Lew Stringer said...

Bingo! You win a No-Prize!

Anonymous said...

LOL… Just chuffed got them right, so v happy😉

Elliesdad said...

Coming from a gaming background I’m surprised my favourite character of yours isn’t Derek the Troll, but soooo many gamers back in the ‘70s and ‘80s would identify with Combat Colin that I’m honour bound to go with him (and his trusty sidekick naturally).
Cheers,
Geoff

Lew Stringer said...

Combat Colin could have worked in a game I think.

McSCOTTY said...

Very nice banner Lew reminds me a bit of those old illos on the old Christmas
,Guy Fawkes etc issues of Wham, /Pow comics.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul. It's mainly inspired by the headers on 1930s comics but I see what you mean.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the masthead on the old Illustrated Comics Journal fanzine. Didn't you also draw that?

Lew Stringer said...

No that wasn't by me. I think it was drawn by Gordon Robson?