Tuesday 30 July 2019

A fantastic weekend at LFCC!

This year's London Film and Comic Con was another smash hit! After an expected quiet start in the Comic Zone on Friday it became much busier over the weekend, with people travelling from far and wide to visit the show. 

The huge venue at Olympia, and the show's three day status (long days too; 9am to 7pm on Saturday) meant it was the biggest UK convention of the year so it was an honour to be part of that. My thanks to Tony Lee for inviting me again and for his smooth organisational skills. An event the size of LFCC is not easy to manage but from what I saw it all went extremely well. My thanks also to Valentina Sannais and the rest of the crew for looking after us and making sure we were fed and watered. 

Thanks also to the many friends in the industry who it's always a pleasure to catch up with at these shows. Far too many to mention here but special thanks to Nigel Parkinson, David Leach, and Kit Cox for being great people to share our section of the Comic Zone with. Also thanks to Cartoon Museum heroes Jess Kemp, Alison Brown, Chris Geary and Mark Stafford for being great company in the pub on Sunday evening for a quick after-con drink.

Last but certainly not least, my thanks to the readers who stopped by my table for a chat, a sketch, and/or a comic. Meeting the readers is what the show is all about and it means a lot to talk to the people who have enjoyed my work over the years. 

Now a few photos from the weekend. I didn't have time to take many but here are the ones I snapped...
All set up and ready for action! :)
A few of the huge crowd that visited that weekend.
Crowds begin the enter the Comic Zone.
Mr.Nigel Parkinson of Beanotown.

Nigel sketching for fans.
Jess Bradley (The Phoenix) and Lee Townsend.
Some of the sketches I drew over the weekend.
My favourite commission of the weekend. Thanks Bernadette!



No comments: