Tuesday 18 June 2019

Busy days ahead!

It's often "feast or famine" as a freelancer. Metaphorically of course. Clearly I've never experienced a famine. After a very quiet start to the year I'm going to be really busy over the next few weeks! 

I'm currently drawing a new Keyhole Kate strip for The Dandy Annual 2021, and have a Postman Prat story to draw for it too this week. (Yes, Prat's back! Yay!) Unfortunately you guys won't get to see the book until July 2020! - but here's a sneak peek at my pencils (above) for Keyhole Kate. 

Then I'll be off to Macc-Pow! this Saturday at Macclesfield Town Hall, along with lots of other guests such as Nigel Parkinson, Rachael Smith, Hunt Emerson, David Leach and many more! It's free admission so hope to see you there!
http://maccpow.co.uk
Then as soon as I'm back from Macc-Pow! I'll be straight into a new strip that I can't talk about yet but if all goes well I'll be able to reveal all at the end of the month! Deadlines on this are very tight, so I'll need to give it my full attention next week.

I've also just been commissioned for a new series for a popular comic, and the first script is due this week. More on that in a few weeks! 

After that, I'll be finishing off the concluding chapter of Derek the Troll for the final issue of Goof!, drawing more pages to for The Dandy Annual 2021, a few Lord Snooty mini-strips to do for The Beano Annual 2021, my regular Daft Dimension strip for Doctor Who Magazine, my column for Comic Scene, putting together Combat Colin No.4, and anything else I can fit in. 

It's going to be intense, so wish me luck! 




No comments: