Thursday 24 July 2014

Rasher in the raw


The new Beano Annual 2015 is out now and I have four Rasher mini-strips in there. Above is a photo I took last year of a couple of the strips when they were still in the pencil stage. You can also see part of my Rasher script, printed in red (for no other reason than my black ink cartridge had run out).

Below is part of the completed strip after I'd inked it and scanned it into Photoshop to colour. I thought you might be interested to see how it compares to the raw pencil version. 


The Beano Annual 2015 is available now (online for sure, if not in shops yet).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be so smug if I were you. If you seriously think your work is in the same league as Ken Reid, Dudley D. Watkins, Reg Parlett or any artist from those comics then you're in need of a reality check.

Unknown said...

At what point is he being smug?? Nice to see how his art went from pencil stage to print. He has never compared himself to those artists so why should you?

Lew Stringer said...

Smug? Comparing myself to other artists? Neither of those things are taking place in that post so how you misread it as such beggars belief.

Someone is in 'need of a reality check' around here but it isn't me.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Darren. I was replying to Anon but your message was posted a moment before mine so it appeared first. Just thought I'd better mention that before anyone thinks I was having a go at you.

Lew Stringer said...

Anonymous option now disabled to prevent any future attempts at trolling on this blog.